And the pasta spree continues!
After two weeks out, my dissertation is SO late… And my meeting is just tomorrow… So, I decided to cook something fast. Went with a black spaghetti with prawns and tomatoes. It was really tasty and easy to cook!
Black Spaghetti with Prawns and Tomatoes (serves 4)
- 350 g of black spaghetti
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 350 g of large king prawns (you can use smaller shrimps)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- fresh oregano (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Chop the garlic cloves into thin slices and the parsley into thin pieces. Save some parsley to decorate.
- Open the chilli gently by running a sharp knife on one side and remove the seeds. Cut the chilli in thin slices. You can adjust the amount of chilli used depending on your taste for spicy food. Don’t forget to wash your hands well after touching/cutting the chilli and avoid touching your mouth or eyes before doing so.
- In a frying pan heat 4 tbsp of olive oil with the garlic, the shopped parsley and the chilli. Season with salt and pepper. Let it cook in low fire until the garlic starts to get golden.
- Add the prawns and continue to cook in low fire. Stir occasionally and let it cook for 10 minutes. After this time add the tomatoes cut in halves and cook for an additional period of 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pan boil some salted water with a spoon of olive oil. I added a bit of fresh oregano to the water but you can do it without it. When the water is boiling add the black spaghetti and cook as mentioned in the packet (usually 8-10 minutes).
- Keep stirring the prawns mixture and, in case the sauce start drying, add some of the water from the pasta. Overall, I added around 20 tbsp of water.
- When the pasta is boiled, but still al dente, drain it and mix it with the prawns and tomatoes mixture in the frying pan.
- Turn the heat off and serve immediately by distributing it evenly through the four plates in which it will be served. Decorate with the saved parsley.