Being closed in the house working, the only thing left to do to enjoy the summer is having some homemade ice cream! Went with some red fruits on my first trial and was so happy with it that just finished a melon one… still in the freezer but I will be posting the recipe soon.
Strawberry and Blueberry Ice Cream (around 1.5 liters)
- 1/2 can of condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 75 ml of milk
- 400 g of strawberries
- 100 g of blueberries
- 300 ml of double cream
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- In a pan mix the condensed milk with the egg yolks and the milk. Cook in low fire, stirring constantly, until it starts to thicken. Turn the heat off and let it cool.
- Wash the strawberries and blueberries. With a blender turn them into a pulp. I used this sauce just like this, since I like to find the seeds and some bits in the ice cream, but you can strain it in order to get a more velvety ice cream.
- Whisk the cream and, as it gets stiff, add the sugar and whisk until you get thick whipped cream.
- Add the pan mixture to the whipped cream and mix. Subsequently, add the fruit pulp and mix well.
- Put the ice cream mixture into a tupperware suitable for frizzing and place it in the freezer. You can also use a bowl covered with aluminum foil or an ice cream machine if you have one (I’m planning to get one soon!!!).
- To avoid ice crystals in the ice cream give it a good whisk every hour during the freezing period. It will be ready to serve once it freezes.