Went out for a walk in the morning and found a bookshop selling ALL books at £2! Gotta love the UK for that!!!
Bought 4 cooking books and will start reading them as soon as my dissertation first draft is ready.
Today’s dish is meat based but still fresh enough to have in a summer day.
Pork with Orange Sauce (serves 2)
- 200 g of pork fillet
- 1/2 orange
- 3 tbsp of white wine
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 red chilli
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 of a bunch of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Get a tender piece of pork fillet. Cut it into thick slices and put it in a bowl.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Cover the meat with the orange juice, the white wine, the sliced garlic and the sliced chilli. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Grease a non-stick frying pan with the olive oil and cook the meat on it. Reserve the sauce in which the meat was in.
- Let the meat cook in low fire making sure it cooks evenly. If the meat releases a big quantity of “juices” while cooking, drain them into the reserved orange and wine sauce.
- When the meat is cooked, take it from the frying pan into the dish in which it will be served.
- Using the same frying pan, cook the reserved sauce with the chopped parsley in low fire for approximately 3-5 minutes. The sauce won’t get thick but the flavours will be enhanced and the alcohol will evaporate.
- Serve the meat topped with the orange sauce, a good salad (suggestion under) and some wild rice.
Salad with Orange
- assorted lettuce
- 1/2 orange
- a full hand of toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- salt and oregano
- Wash the rocket and the lettuce well.
- In a small bowl or cup mix the olive oil with the vinegar. Season this sauce with salt and oregano.
- Slice thinly the half orange and peel it.
- Put the rocket, the lettuce and the orange slices in a bowl. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and drizzle with the seasoning mixture.