Bought it thinking of doing some lavender sugar or some chocolate related sweet but ended up baking muffins!
You can buy dry lavender flowers in some supermarkets in the baking area.
Lavender and Lemon Muffins (12 muffins)
- 175 g of sifted flour
- 1 tbsp of dry lavender flowers roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tbsp of salted butter
- 150 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest
- 120 ml buttermilk or 120 ml of milk and 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the lavender and the baking powder. Reserve.
- In a large bowl mix well the butter with the sugar. You can use the butter at room temperature or melted. Add the egg and the lemon juice and zest. Mix well until you get a light and fluffy mixture.
- Start adding alternately the flour and milk to the butter mixture. You should start by adding half of the flour, then the buttermilk, and finally the remaining flour. In case you don’t have buttermilk, you can use simple milk and add a tbsp of lemon juice. Let it rest for 5 minutes and it will be ready to use.
- After the dough is ready, drop it into the muffin cases until they cover approximately 2/3 of the case.
- Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes and test if they’re cooked by sticking a skewer on a muffin and verifying if it comes out clean (with no dough attached).