Finally my dissertation first draft is in and I have some time to rest and cook.
Being from a Mediterranean country I love tapas, specially the bad greasy ones… but my husband is Mr. Healthy… so yesterday decided to surprise him with some healthy tapas (exception made to chorizo…). It was really good!
Chorizo and Cherry Tomatoes Skewers
- spicy chorizo
- cherry tomatoes
- small wooden skewers
- Wash the tomatoes well.
- Slide a sharp knife through the chorizo making a slight cut on its skin. Peel the chorizo skin by pushing it from the cut. It should peel easily. Cut the chorizo into thick slices (2.5 cm / 1”).
- In each small skewer (you can simply cut a normal one in half) stick a piece of chorizo, then a tomato, a piece of chorizo, and another tomato.
- Grill for 5 minutes turning in order to guarantee that it’s properly cooked. The chorizo will cook and release some of the fat and the tomatoes should be soft and slightly toasted outside.
Asparagus with Lemon Mayonnaise
- small/fine asparagus
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tea spoon of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl or a microwave chocolate melting pot (in case you have one), mix a tea spoon of mayonnaise with 1 chopped garlic clove and the lemon juice. Heat in the microwave on medium temperature for approximately one minute (adapt to your microwave potency). You will get a seasoned mayonnaise. Let it cool.
- Cook the asparagus in salted boiling water for approximately 2 minutes.
- Chop the other garlic clove into thin slices. Heat the olive oil with the garlic slices.
- When the garlic is turning gold add the asparagus and fry them for 2 minutes in order for the asparagus to get the garlic flavour.
- Add the remaining mayonnaise to the seasoned mayonnaise .
- Serve the asparagus with the mayonnaise decorated with some grounded pepper on top.
Mozzarella and Tomato Salad with Pesto (see Pesto recipe under)
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of pesto
- salt and pepper
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and than into halves.
- Wash the tomatoes well and slice them.
- On a serving plate, place a slice of tomato, top half of it with a slice of mozzarella and repeat until you use all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top it with a drizzle of pesto.
- 1 bag of basil (approximately 30 g)
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- Wash the basil well.
- In a food processor mix the basil, the olive oil, the pine nuts, the grated cheese and the garlic and process until you get a nice velvety mixture. You can add more olive oil in case you want it more liquid.
- Season with salt.
- 100 g of radish
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- salt and oregano
- Wash the radishes well. Smash the radishes slightly with your hand by punching them. You can use a spoon on top of the radish before punching it to help.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, the vinegar, the salt and the oregano.
- Put the radish on a bowl and season with the mixture.