In Bristol, the winter is clearly coming… In Portugal I found a lovely sun and 32ºC! This week I had all grilled fish meals and a lot of refreshing drinks.
Watermelon Cocktail (serves 4)
- 3 thick slices of watermelon
- 2 bags of ice cubes
- 1 orange
- 200 ml of vodka
- Peel the watermelon making sure you remove the white part near the rid. Cut the watermelon into pieces and remove the seeds.
- In a blender mix the watermelon and half of the ice until you get a nice liquid pulp.
- Add the orange juice and the vodka and stir well. For a non-alcohol refreshment just leave the vodka out.
- Crunch the rest of the ice. Fill the bottom of the glasses with the crunched ice. Pour the watermelon mix on top of the ice until you fill the glasses.
- Decorate with some mint leaves.