So, I turned on the oven and cooked some chicken. It’s a very easy dish that you can prepare in 5 to 10 minutes and just pop it in the oven for a couple of hours. I cooked it quite slowly and let the heat and smell fill the house… It felt so good!
Lemon and Thyme Chicken (serves 4)
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 chicken tights
- 1 or 2 lemons juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of dry thyme
- 2 thin slices of onion
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 175ºC.
- Peel the chicken and remove the extra fat that usually remains near the skin.
- Place the chicken in an oven tray.
- Pour the lemon juice on top of the chicken. You should get an abundant amount of juice since no other liquids will be added to the chicken and you are supposed to get a nice sauce after cooking.
- Slice the garlic and spread it evenly on top of the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix in order for the seasoning to spread on the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with the thyme and the onion.
- Cook for about 1 hour and a half to 2 hours until the chicken is completely cooked and golden. During the cooking time you should turn the chicken pieces so they get cooked evenly and irrigate the meat at least twice with the resulting lemon sauce.
- Serve the chicken covered with the lemon sauce and some fries.