It’s a lovely recipe, really easy and inexpensive. The only tricky part is to roll the cake… but even if you fail to do it it will still taste great!
Orange Rolling Cake
- 350 g of sugar
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 1 orange zest
- 2 oranges juice
- 8 eggs
- 80 g of butter
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC.
- In a bowl mix the sugar with the flour, the orange zest and juice. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Melt the butter and add it to the previous dough. You will get a very liquid dough.
- Grease a 35 x 24 cm oven tray with butter and cover with baking paper. You may use a slightly different size tray as long as the dough fills the tray and is approximately 1 cm high.
- Grease the baking paper with butter. Pour the dough on the tray and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Place a clean cloth on top a plain surface and sprinkle it with sugar (granulated or icing sugar).
- Remove the cake from the oven and remove it from the tray onto the cloth, being careful in order not to break the cake.
- Using the cloth, roll the dough in order to get a cylindrical cake. You should grab the cloth on the smaller side of the rectangular dough and gently start rolling the dough on itself by simply pushing the cloth on the direction of the other end of the cake.
- In the end you will have the rolling cake inside the cloth and you should gently place it on a serving tray or plate.