Looking for a job is hard… Therefore my time to cook and, specially, write about it has been limited…
Here is a recipe I cooked some weeks ago for the first time and will be repeating today! It is great as a starter or as a main dish if served with some rice.
Stuffed Mushrooms (serves 4)
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 125 g of cream cheese
- 75 g of grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC.
- Wash the mushrooms well. Remove the steam of the mushroom and chop them into pieces. With a spoon, remove the interior of the mushroom, including the black part, and reserve. Save the mushrooms’ hats for later.
- Slice the garlic thinly. In a frying pan cook the garlic with the olive oil and the rosemary leaves until the garlic gets golden. Add the interior of the mushrooms and let it cook until the mushrooms are soft and cooked.
- Add the cream cheese and 4 tbsp of grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well until the cheese melts and turn off the fire.
- Place the mushroom hats, with the opening facing up, on an oven tray. Fill the mushrooms hats with the cooked mixture. Top them with the remaining grated cheese and season with pepper.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, until the cheese melts and the mushrooms wrinkle. Note that the mushrooms will release some water and, therefore, you will get a liquid on the bottom of the tray.